Saturday, January 26, 2013

Valentine bookmarks make me happy.

I tend to feel a fair amount of stress every day at work so this year I am making a concerted effort to do something creative every single weekend.

It's amazing how spending a few hours making something as simple as a bookmark can make me so happy. Ah, the joy of just using one's imagination.

I have many beautiful books and journals yet I've been using magazine inserts, grocery store receipts and used gift cards as bookmarks.

So I made some bookmarks worthy of my books.

Since Valentine's day is just around the corner, I went with the Valentine theme.

The foundation of these bookmarks is just card stock. I used glue stick to adhere various paper scraps and I also used stickers. I punched a heart shape on the top of these and glued another layer of polka dot paper behind.

A corner rounder gave these a nice finished look.
Of course I had to add some glitter because somehow I've recently become addicted to using glitter (is this an age thing?).

I laminated the bookmarks with a Xyron 510 sticker maker/laminator. I love this little craft tool.
Punch a hole, add some ribbon or maybe a button and voila...something pretty and useful!





And such a nice relaxing activity.

No comments: