Sunday, January 20, 2013

iPod Art


When I received my iPod Touch a few years ago, I started experimenting with various free apps to create art.

I like to use drawing, painting, stenciling and stamping apps. I keep each phase of the piece as a separate layer by simply saving it as a photo on my device. Then I import that photo into the next app and apply another layer.

Creating digital art is very satisfying because it is so flexible. I also have the extra advantage of easily "undoing" something that I dislike and can go back a step.
Creating art on my iPod or IPad reminds me of fingerpainting when I was a child! There is such freedom in it. I can just keep layering and then erasing over and over until I like the finished product.

There are all kinds of apps for your gadget that are free. Here are a few that I have used:

Draw
Labelbox
iDoodleit
DoodleBuddy
Stencils
MyPaint Free



These digital creations can be printed as well and provide a foundation for other artistic endeavors.

Happy digital crafting!

Follow me Pinterest for more iPod art!

2 comments:

Amanda Wright said...

This is such a cool idea Dana!:) My favorite was 'Under the Sea'. You need to produce some iPhone cases. I would totally buy them!

Dana Whitford said...

Oh Amanda, that is a great idea! Maybe I'll make you one. Do you have an iPhone 4S or 5?